Friday, August 15, 2008

New Orleans is AWESOME!

Wow, what a fantastic city! It's so beautiful and so different from any other place in the US. It also knows how to party! I'd been once before (for a Phish concert and Bourbon St romp), but didn't really get to explore like I did this time. I think some of the best pics I've shot on this trip so far were in NOLA, there's just so much to shoot there! This is going to be a big post because of all the shots I like from 'Nawlins, sorry!

New Orleans

New Orleans

New Orleans

New Orleans New Orleans



New Orleans

New Orleans

New Orleans

New Orleans

This dude tried to make a get-away on our trolley! I had never heard of a "get away trolley" before, but why not. We were "pulled over" by the cops and they told this guy to get out and then cuffed him right there, pretty crazy. That's the second guy to be arrested in close proximity to us on this road trip! The other was in Savannah and you can see a pic of it in that post below :)
New Orleans

New Orleans

New Orleans

New Orleans New Orleans

There are beads hanging off of literally every single power line, street light, and patio in the French Quarter.
New Orleans

Possessed:
New Orleans

New Orleans

New Orleans

New Orleans

This is the B&B we stayed in, which was great, and our poor little Audi.
New Orleans

Cafe du Monde:
New Orleans New Orleans


Loius Armstrong park:
New Orleans New Orleans


Caught some New Orleans Hot Jazz Club at DBA, they were fantastic!
New Orleans

New Orleans

New Orleans

Goodbye NOLA!!!
New Orleans

2 comments:

Batya said...

These New Orleans pics make me want to hop a plane or a train and head 'awn down! Looks like y'all had an incredible time! Cant wait to see these pics hanging in your gallery! I LOVE 'em. Keep posting....the table is quiet without you. xoxoxo to the lil lady!

Chris Cohen said...

Thanks Bats, good to hear from you!

I think the NOLA pics are some of my best ever and certainly the best series from this trip. I love them! It's such a photogenic city, it was easy somehow!