Monday, August 18, 2008

Driving from Austin, TX to Carlsbad, NM

The landscape changed completely during this trip. From the green rolling hills of Texas hill country to the flat red desert of New Mexico. Along the way, we climbed from a very low altitude to nearly a mile. This was the very beginning of a long acclimation to high altitude living!

Along the way we stopped at Cooper's BBQ and I had the best brisket ever. Seriously, I didn't know brisket could be this good... We also saw a bunch of wind farms and some seriously crumbling poverty-stricken one-stop-light towns.

P.S. I busted out The Orb for some "Little Fluffy Clouds" out there (even though it wasn't Arizona). I also picked up their new album the other day, it's awesome. I'll post it up eventually.

Driving from Austin, TX to Carlsbad, NM

Cooper's BBQ, best brisket I've had -- driving from Austin, TX to Carlsbad, NM

Wind Farm -- Driving from Austin, TX to Carlsbad, NM

Flat -- Driving from Austin, TX to Carlsbad, NM

1 comment:

Jen said...

Little fluffy clouds! I miss listening to that in the desert.