Saturday, August 30, 2008

Images of Denver, CO

We were in Denver for quite a few days and the photo set from there is pretty large. (Go to my flickr page to see the whole bunch, if you're interested.) While in Denver we saw the aftermath of the DNC / Obama nomination, I got my first pedicure (surprisingly pleasant!), met up with Colleen after not seeing her since about 1998 or so, stayed at the Hotel Monaco where we had a fish named Speckles, and generally traveled all over the city checking it out. We were very seriously considering a move to Denver, so we wanted to know all about it and it's various neighborhoods. I think we saw quite a bit, check it out:

The CO State Capitol Building:

Denver, CO

Art Museum and skyscrapers (there are lots of shiny reflective buildings in downtown Denver).

Denver, CO Denver, CO

Denver, CO

This was some sort of cool bridge in a fun section of Denver. I took a bunch of shots of it, as you can see...

Denver, CO

Denver, CO

Denver, CO Denver, CO

More skyscrapers and the 16th St Mall, a cool but sort-of-dingy walkable area of the downtown.

Denver, CO Denver, CO

Another very cool bridge. The architecture in Denver is fantastic, you can really tell that they've recently had a boom, everything is shiny and postmodern and surprisingly well planned.

Denver, CO

Speckles was our pet fish, we had him for a couple days while we stayed at the Hotel Monaco, which is a great hotel if you can swing it.

Denver, CO

A killer roof. This shot looks to me like it's HDR, but it isn't at all.

Denver, CO

Warning: thin ice! Ha!

Denver, CO

One of the highlights of the trip was reconnecting and visiting with old friends. I reconnected with Colleen, who I hadn't seen since about 1998! Her and her boyfriend, Mark, are living it up and lawyerin' it up in Denver. I'm jealous of them, I want mountains, too!

Denver, CO

No comments: