Sunday, August 24, 2008

The drive from Albuquerque, NM to Durango, CO

The moon made an appearance in the late morning.

the moon from Albuquerque, NM in the morning

Before we left in the morning we slapped a few stickers onto the back of the car, a few FSU stickers, a little ninja, and a Brooklyn Love sticker from the tattoo spot where Carson got inked up before our trip. You can also see my Stetson back there, which shrunk when I left it in the sun and then disappeared somewhere along the way. You can also see my Fraternal Order of the Police badge, which is all screwed up looking and probably wouldn't help me if I were pulled over anyways. Of course, the one time that I was pulled over on this trip, I was in a rental car, so who knows (more about that later).

We finally slapped some stickers on the car

Things were sort of flat when we left Albuquerque, but they quickly turned mountainous as we neared CO!

Flat Ride from Albuquerque, NM to Durango, CO

Along the way, we drove through an Apache Reservation, passed 7,000 feet of altitude, and saw quite a few run down one-stop-light towns.

7,000 feet already! Denver, the "mile high city" is at about 5,200.

cool diner sign

That's a massive cliff edge to the left!

to the left was a very deep cliff!

No comments: